We made it through con season doing a lot of shows. SPX, Richmond Zinefest, Punk Rock Flea Market, etc. We made a lot of new friends and sold a ton of books. We've got some video up that Joe has beautifully edited here:
You should totally subscribe, plz and thx.
And I've been posting pics on Facebook, so go check those out:
And the most significant update I have is about a very special young lady. Her name is Zelly. We've been friends for a while and she's great. Well, a couple months back something just...clicked. And then suddenly we were chatting online more. And more. And then while I was sitting here thinking "Damn, I realllllllly like this girl" I get a text saying "...I figured I should tell you I seem to have developed a crush on you." And for a second I just stood there with a stupid grin on my face, then I replied "Well you saved me the trouble of finding the right moment to say the same thing.". She totally manned up and beat me to the punch. Then a few days later I called her and we were on the phone for like 3 hours. Then I talked to her the next night. And the next. And the next.
A month later and we haven't missed a single night. And I am totally in love with this girl. And she is likewise. And we're absolute dorks about it.
I'm currently counting down the days til New Year's when I'm going down to stay with her in South Carolina. I can't even put words to how excited I am.
So yeah, life has been good. I am extremely happy. All is well with the world.
And now to make up for not updating, at least in pure wordcount, here is a meme thing of 100 dumb questions.
1. last beverage: Dr. Pepper
2. last phone call: Zelly
3. last text message: Also Zelly.
4. last song you listened to: e.l.m.s. - inamorati
5. last time you cried: Maybe a couple months ago.
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. dated someone twice: No.
7. been cheated on: Thankfully no.
8. kissed someone & regretted it: No
9. lost someone special: Yes
10. been depressed: Been down at times, but only one real spot I'd call a bout of depression.
11. been drunk and threw up: No, because I'm awesome.
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
THIS YEAR HAVE YOU: (2010)
15. Made a new friend?: A lot.
16. Fallen out of love?: Nope. Into, actually. ♥
17. Laughed until you cried?: Yep.
18. Met someone who changed you?: Yes
19. Found out who your true friends were?: Regularly.
20. Found out someone was talking about you?: Yes, they were discussing the subject of awesomeness.
21. Kissed anyone on your friends list: Ask me again in a couple of weeks. ;-)
22. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: Many of them
24. Do you have any pets: No
26. What did you do for your last birthday: Dinner with friends and a few other things that week.
27. What time did you wake up today: A little after 7:00.
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: Heading to bed and smiling.
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: New Year's with Zelly.
30. Last time you saw your Mother: Over the summer. Gonna see her again in a couple weeks for Xmas.
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: That she could be here instead of there, but I'm working on that.
32. What are you listening to right now: I see later down it says "RIGHT NOW", so I guess this is referring to "RECENTLY". Umm, the new Jimmy Eat World, Sleigh Bells, Exit Clov, Mynabirds, Bellflur, more Exit Clov.
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: A few, most recently I think would be Tom Longobardi from Bellflur.
34. What's getting on your nerves right now: Waiting.
35. Most visited webpage: Hmmm, probably tied between Daily What, Facebook and DCist.
36. Current game you are playing: None, which is crazy. I need to finish Zelda: Spirit Tracks
37. Nicknames: Rus, Rustbucket, Coolest Dude Ever.
38. Relationship Status: In love and in progress.
39. Zodiac Sign: Virgo
40. He or She?: I'm a "he".
41. Elementary?: Thomas Stone in Mount Rainier.
42. Middle School?: Hyattsville Middle in Hyattsville.
43. High School?: Northwestern in Hyattsville.
44. Hair Color?: Varying degrees of light brown depending on the season.
45. Long or Short?: Fairly short.
46. Height?: 5’10”
47. Do you have a crush on someone?: Past that, thanks.
48: What do you like about yourself?: How amazing I am.
49. Piercings: No.
50. Tattoos?: No.
51. Righty or lefty?: Righty
52. First surgery: None yet (knock on wood).
53. First piercing: I think we went over this.
54. First best friend: Ummm, Scott Slezak or Justin Jones? Man, I wonder what they're up to these days?
55. First sport you joined: Baseball on the Atari 2600.
59. Eating: Just finished a nutritious McD's breakfast.
60. Drinking: Agua.
61. I'm about to: Survive another day of work.
62. I'm listening to: Office chatter.
63. Waiting for: New Year's.
64. Want kids?: Maybe someday.
65. Get Married?: More focused on the relationship than a piece of paper…
66. Career?: Kicking ass and taking names at District Photo. I'm a lead in Customer Service and handle most of our Tier 2 contacts with our partners that we print for.
WHICH IS BETTER:
67. Lips or eyes?: Shit, both the pairs I'm thinking of are so awesome. Can't decide.
68. Hugs or kisses?: Both again, I like to alternate between the two.
69. Shorter or taller?: Generally shorter.
70. Older or Younger?: Doesn't make a difference, though I trend towards equal or slightly younger.
71. Romantic or spontaneous?: I think spontaneous can be romantic.
72. Nice stomach or nice arms?: That's an odd question I don't need a six pack or ripped biceps.
73. Sensitive or loud?: Loud for sure, but a little sensitivity underneath is nice.
74. Hook-up or relationship?: Definitely relationship. Not into hook-ups.
75. Trouble maker or hesitant?: Preferably willing to share a jail cell with me.
HAVE YOU EVER :
76. Kissed a stranger: No.
77. Drank hard liquor: Yes.
78. Lost glasses/contacts: Don't wear them, but if I did I'm sure I would have.
79. Sex on first date: No.
80. Broken someone's heart: No, thank goodness.
81. Had your own heart broken: Slightly.
83. Turned someone down: Yes, and it's hard.
84. Cried when someone died: Numerous times.
85. Fallen for a friend: Oh yes.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself: Fuck yeah
87. Miracles: Hell no.
88. Love at first sight: Like at first sight. Love takes time.
89. Heaven: No.
90. Santa Claus: Just the one at the mall.
91. Kiss on the first date: On the cheek unless it's a hell of a first date.
92. Angels: Do people really say yes to this question? That's terrifying.
93. Had more than one bf/gf?: Overall, yes. At one time, hell no.
94. Is there one person you want to be with right now?: More than anything.
95. Did you sing today?: Not yet. Probably won't, either.Sorry to disappoint.
96. Ever cheated on somebody?: Fuck no. I can't tolerate cheating.
97. If you could go back in time, how far would you go, and why?: Honestly, maybe about 10 years. Just to talk to some folks that aren't around now.
98. If you could pick a day from last year and relive it, what would it be?: Last year...I'm not sure. There were a lot of good days last year.
99. Are you afraid of falling in love?: Nope, which is good considering I am right now.
100. Posting this as 100 truths?: I hate when these things add stupid questions like that.